Summit Contest Rules
The Obama Foundation – OBAMA FOUNDATION SUMMIT CONTEST
IMPORTANT: Please read in its entirety this document and the information contained herein (“Official Rules”) before entering this online promotion (“Promotion”). By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all the eligibility requirements stated in these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
- Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT UNITED STATES RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND PUERTO RICO, AND OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND THE OBAMA FOUNDATION (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD A PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the Prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers, and employees of Sponsor, and any of their respective affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising, and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any Prize listed in these Official Rules. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, partners, professional advisors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (A) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (B) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (C) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (D) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts on October 3, 2019 at 7:00 PM Central Daylight Time and ends at 11:59 PM Central Daylight Time on October 10, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win the Prize.
- Prize. Two (2) winners will each receive the following Prize (the “Prize”):
- Tickets for the winner and one (1) guest to attend the Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago, Illinois on October 28 and 29, 2019;
- Round-trip, coach-class airplane tickets for the winner and one (1) guest, from an airport within the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico, to Chicago, Illinois (the “Destination”);
- Ground transportation to and from the airport at the Destination for the winner and one (1) guest;
- Two-night accommodations for the winner and one (1) guest, at a hotel to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and
- Meals for the winner and one (1) guest during their attendance at the Obama Foundation Summit.
Approximate retail value of the Prize: $1500.Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, airport, hotel, flight dates, flight times, departure city, and other logistics and details relevant to the Prize. Dates of travel are subject to availability. If winner’s address is within 100 miles of the Destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the Destination hotel or event in lieu of an airplane ticket. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Prize above, winner is responsible for ground transportation, meals, and other expenses that such winner incurs in connection with the Prize. Sponsor will also determine, in its sole discretion, all other details relevant to the Prize.
- Odds; Taxes; Et cetera. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received (estimated total entries: 20,000). ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner by phone and/or e-mail are unsuccessful, or if any Prize is otherwise unclaimed. Prizes are not transferrable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any Prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
- Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the Free Online Entry Method, visit Obama.org/summit-contest or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor and complete and submit the online entry form during the Promotion Period; or
- Contribution Method: We are asking for a donation of any amount to the Obama Foundation. We do not accept contributions from registered foreign agents or minors under the age of 18. To enter by contributing money to the Obama Foundation, complete and submit the contribution form at https://www.obama.org/support-summit-work-simple/ or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor during the Promotion Period. No minimum contribution is necessary to enter. Contributions may be spent on any activities of Sponsor as it determines in its sole discretion and will not be earmarked for any particular purpose. Entering via the Contribution Method described in this paragraph will not increase your chances of winning the Prize.
- Promotion Rules. Sponsor will, in its sole discretion, select at random two (2) winners from the list of eligible, potential winners. Each winner will be notified via phone or e-mail by October 17, 2019. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner from receiving any prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding any prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion. To claim the Prize, each winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in their notification. If less than two randomly-selected winners respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact them, or are otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award all prizes, Sponsor may at its discretion select additional potential winners by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.
- Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope between October 18, 2019 and October 18, 2020 to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 14 of these Official Rules, to the attention of “Obama Foundation Summit Contest.” Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit obama.org/summit-contest-rules or send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 14 of these Official Rules, to the attention of “Obama Foundation Summit Contest.” Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2019 by the Obama Foundation. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice-of-law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants will be subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion and receipt of the Prize if they do any of the following: (A) violate these Official Rules; (B) violate any federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion; (C) tamper with the operation of the Promotion; or (D) engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion, or any other entrant (in each case as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or who are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to [email protected] or send written questions to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 15 of these Official Rules, to the attention of “Obama Foundation Summit Contest Questions.”
- Sponsor. The Obama Foundation, 525 S. Harper Ct., Suite 1140, Chicago, IL, 60615.